- 1. Since the installation of the Instrument Landing System, Nanaimo Airport’s weather reliability is now at:
d. Over 99%
That’s right, with the enhancements, Nanaimo Airport is as reliable as any other regional airport. So no more need to worry about the weather.
- 2. When traveling from Nanaimo Airport you can reach which destinations:
c. Victoria/Abbotsford, Vancouver’s South Terminal , Vancouver and connect to 180 other destinations.
In addition to service to Victoria/Abbotsford, the South Terminal and YVR – our travellers can connect to over 180 other destinations from Vancouver after a 10 minute flight. Seamless, stress free travel!
- 3. One way fares from Nanaimo to Vancouver with an advanced purchase start at:
Often people assume Air Canada is going to be expensive and miss out on every day low fares like the $89 each way. Be sure to check all your options before deciding on your travel plans.
- 4. The length of the Nanaimo Airport Runway is:
b. 6,602 ft – long enough for C-Class Aircraft including WestJet’s 737-700s.
With the completion of the runway expansion project in 2010 – Nanaimo Airport’s runway is now long enough for larger jets like WestJet’s, along with more regional aircraft like Air Canada’s Dash 8.
- 5. How many flights a day depart from the Nanaimo Airport?
That’s 7 flights in the winter per day by Air Canada to YVR plus Island Express Air 2 flights to Victoria/Abbotsford and 2 flights to South Terminal. Frequent service means easy connections.
- 6. How much does it cost for your Nanaimo to Vancouver flight when you book a charter flight with Air Canada Vacations from Vancouver?
How can you beat free? When you purchase a sun vacation with Air Canada Vacations they throw in your connector flight for free! Just one more way to make your trip that much more of a vacation.