The Nanaimo Airport Management is dedicated to providing fully accessible facilities and the Terminal is designed to create a barrier free environment for persons with disabilities.
Arrival and Check–In
- Dedicated passenger parking areas located close to Airport Terminal Building.
- Entrances into both Departures and Arrivals are equipped with automatically controlled doors.
- Curbside drop off of passengers available.
- Check-in counters have been designed with writing surfaces for those using a wheelchair.
- The Airport Terminal has the Blue Navigator Ambassadors easily identifable by their blue vests and available to assist passengers, provide directions and answer questions.
- Wheelchair service is available by the Air Carrier from the check-in area to the departure gate and out to the aircraft. Advance notice when booking flights is helpful.
- Braille signage is located at washroom entrances and there is one doorless entry washroom available.
- The Airport Terminal is equipped with large signage in contrasting colours.
- Washrooms facilities are located in all passenger service areas including a doorless entry washroom and automatic door entry washroom located in Arrivals. All washrooms have wheelchair accessible stalls .
- Phones, ATM and water fountain are all wheelchair accessible.
Other Accessibility Features
- Baggage belts are equipped with baggage belt start-up alarms and flashing lights.
- Wheelchair available for use in the airport terminal through the Blue Navigator Ambassadors.