With the upgraded terminal and increasing passenger numbers, the Nanaimo Airport is ready to expand again. This time however it’s on the customer service side. The goal is to have phase one of a new volunteer ambassador program in place to greet airport guests by June 2012. “Right now I’m looking for a lead volunteer who can work with me to develop the program and assist with volunteer recruitment”’ says Laurie Hawthornthwaite, Customer Service Advisor. “By mid May we will be looking to secure 10 volunteer ambassadors.”
Blue Navigators role will perform a range of services from assisting people with disabilities in getting around the facility to providing information on the community.
Ambassador Core Skills:
- Customer service experience
- Ability to interact with fellow volunteers and work in a team environment
- Friendly outgoing personality
- Ability to approach and communicate comfortably and articulately with a wide diversity of individuals
- Flexible and able to adapt to new environment
- Strong listening, understanding and responding skills
- Motivated to achieve high standards of service
- Basic computer skills, ability to navigate the internet
- Be physically able to perform the duties of the job
- Reliability-volunteers should be able to commit to at least one four hour shift per week.
If you are interested in learning more about this volunteer role please contact Laurie at 250-924-2157 Ext 261