The Nanaimo Airport provides opportunities for investors and entrepreneurs, from land for development to leasing of retail space in our expanding Air Terminal Building to in-terminal advertising.
We are in the heart of the new Foreign Trade Zone, which gives business easier access to government programs supporting importers and exporters.
Locating at Nanaimo Airport is a sound business investment for many reasons. Here are some of the advantages you’ll get by becoming one of our many business partners:
- Easy air access to undeveloped airside land, including taxiway lots, and larger areas of unimproved land.
- Ample land with general access for the public and restricted access for aircraft operations.
- Modern infrastructure that includes an Instrument Landing System, on-site aircraft rescue and firefighting, and a full service Air Terminal Building with Customs and passenger screening facilities.
- An airport management team that has decades of aviation industry experience.
- Growing customer traffic, with more than 350,00 people passing through our gates in 2018.
- A strategic location at the hub of the regional economy, with high-visibility land paralleling the Island’s main highway.
- Easy access to markets, both on and off Vancouver Island.
- Competitive lease rates thanks to our affordable commercial fees.