What to Expect
In compliance with regulations set out by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), Nanaimo Airport has a number of required security and screening procedures in place for your safety. Below is information on what you can expect before boarding your flight.
Passenger pre-board screening
- All passengers require a pre-board screening before going to their gate for departure.
- YVR has security checkpoints in the Domestic, International and South Terminals.
- Passengers should follow signs to their assigned gate for the closest security checkpoint.
- Learn more about the pre-board screening process on CATSA’s website.
- You may be subject to spot check inspections within the gate lounge areas.
- CBSA officers and their dogs are on regular patrol.
- Learn more about the new Cannabis Rules and Regulations
To help ensure security and speed up the pre-board screening process, plan ahead and learn about what to pack and how to pack to make your trip go smoothly.
Liquids, gels and aerosols
- Containers must be 100ml or less and fit in a clear, 1L bag. Items purchased from an airline or airport retailer and properly sealed in official security bags and accompanied by a receipt will also be accepted.
- Learn more about packing liquids including exemptions.
Permitted and non-permitted items
Find a complete list of items permitted and non-permitted in checked and carry-on baggage.
If you have comments or questions for CATSA:
Call CATSA at 1.888.294.2202.