The Nanaimo Airport is dedicated to providing fully accessible facilities and the Terminal is designed to create a barrier free environment for persons with disabilities.
Arrival and Check–In
- Dedicated passenger parking areas located close to Airport Terminal Building.
- Automatically controlled doors into both Departures and Arrivals.
- Curbside drop off of passengers available.
- Check-in counters with writing surfaces for those using a wheelchair.
- Our Blue Navigator Ambassadors provide directions and answer questions in the Airport Terminal Building. You can easily identify them by their blue vests.
- Wheelchair service can be provided by the air carriers from the check-in area to the departure gate and out to the aircraft. Advance notice when booking flights is helpful.
- Braille signage is located at washroom entrances and there is one doorless entry washroom available.
- The Airport Terminal is equipped with large signage in contrasting colours.
- Washrooms facilities are located in all passenger service areas including a doorless entry washroom and automatic door entry washroom located in Arrivals. All washrooms have wheelchair accessible stalls .
- Phones, ATM and water fountain are all wheelchair accessible.
Other Accessibility Features
- Baggage belts are equipped with baggage belt start-up alarms and flashing lights.
- Wheelchair available for use in the Airport Terminal Building through the Blue Navigator Ambassadors.