The Nanaimo Airport Terminal is open 7:00am-7:00pm
We are dedicated to making our terminal easy for you to navigate. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic unfortunately our dedicated Blue Navigator Ambassadors are temporarily not onsite but our Customer Service team are still available to assist.
You can also refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
We are located on the east side of the Trans Canada Highway between the City of Nanaimo and the Town of Ladysmith. If you are traveling southbound from Nanaimo, we are approximately 18 km’s from the downtown core and 7 km’s south of the Duke Point Ferry overpass.
If you are traveling northbound from Ladysmith, we are approximately 9 km’s from Ladysmith and 2.5 km’s north of the Cedar Road and Trans Canada Highway Intersection. Our physical address is 3350 Spitfire Road, Cassidy BC V0R 1H0.
Lost and Found
Have you misplaced something at the airport? We will be happy to help you find your missing belongings.
For lost items in the terminal building:
- Please contact Airport Customer Service at 250-924-2157 ex 261 or email.
After hours please contact Security personnel 250 245-7093
For items that have been misplaced on the Aircraft, please contact the Airline directly.
Did you find an item that you suspect has been lost? Please hand in items at the security office (Room 102) located inside the main terminal building.
Blue Navigator Ambassadors provide invaluable assistance and hospitality to the travelling public and visitors and enhance the overall passenger experience at the Nanaimo Airport Terminal.
Our goal with this volunteer program is to provide a friendly atmosphere and facilitate the movement of passengers/people through the Nanaimo Airport.
Ambassadors proactively respond to and approach customers who need assistance with any basic information/travel related needs.
Becoming a Blue Navigator
We now have a team of 40 ambassadors and are continuing to expand those numbers with the addition of new flights.
We are looking for more volunteers with customer service experience to step forward. This could be an ideal role for outgoing retirees in the area, but also high school and university students interested in volunteering in their community.
Volunteers can select their preferred day (Monday – Sunday) and preferred 4 hour shift (6:30am-10:30am or 1:00pm-5:00pm)
Schedules subject to change based on flight schedules
Complete required training and volunteer for a minimum of one shift per week.
- Welcoming travelers and visitors to the Nanaimo Airport.
- Giving directional assistance and answering questions related to facilities and services available in the airport.
- Providing information on the many features and attractions to be found on Vancouver Island.
- Maintaining an organized travel information center
- Providing assistance to passengers where needed, including those with disabilities and mobility impairments.
- Promoting good security and safety practices by attending to situations within our means and contacting management when required.
- Assisting with general housekeeping duties in the terminal area
Ambassador’s Core Skills
- Customer service experience
- Ability to interact with fellow volunteers and work in a team environment
- Friendly outgoing personality
- Ability to approach and communicate comfortably and articulately with a wide diversity of individuals
- Flexible and able to adapt to new environment
- Strong listening, understanding and responding skills
- Motivated to achieve high standards of service
- Basic computer skills, ability to navigate the internet
- Be physically able to perform the duties of the job